Our goal for the Islander Leadership Conference is to provide leadership education to our students through a variety of workshop topics and a diverse list of presenters from across the TAMU-CC community. We want students who have attended the Islander Leadership Conference to learn skills or make plans to be a better leader during their time at the Island University, and as a professional after graduation.
Time management, effective communication, event planning, ethical leadership, decision making are just topics we hope to have presented on at the conference. We welcome any ideas or topics that can offer valuable knowledge to students. Below are just a few of the previous workshops that have been offered at the Islander Leadership Conference include:
- Art of Motivation
- Diversity Pizza
- Incorporating Your Leadership Skills in Career Development
- Learning, Understanding and Gaining Respect: Leading through Listening
- Reading, Writing and Presenting! Skills Every Leader Should Have
- Roommate Conflicts: Confrontation and Communication
- Women's Leadership: Developing the Leader Within You
This year's conference was held on on Saturday, September 13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and included lunch. For more information aabout the conference, please visit our Islander Leadership Conference page.
If you are interested in presenting at a future Islander Leadership Conference, contact UCSA Leads via email at email@example.com.