University Center & Student Activities
Statement of Purpose and Goals
The University Center and Student Activities Department encourages student leadership, learning and growth by providing excellent campus activities, programs, student involvement opportunities and student employment. We are dedicated to enhancing the student experience by challenging students and employees to achieve their personal best. We also strive to be a place where our diverse campus community can learn, laugh and engage with one another.
Our goals in the University Center are to:
- Serve as the community center of TAMU-CC by providing services, programs and conveniences for students, faculty, staff, and guests of the University.
- Serve as a part of the educational process by being a laboratory for practical experiences through which students and others develop their intellectual, cultural, social, physical and ethical selves.
- Serve as a visitors center for the campus which presents an image which is positive and supporting.
- Support recruitment of students and resources for TAMU-CC through the quality of services provided.
- Provide an atmosphere and environment which stimulates discovery and examination of knowledge, wisdom and values and fosters self- expression, debate of issues , and respect for the individual regardless of race, color, creed, sex, or age.
- Support TAMU-CC in its mission to extend the reach of education beyond the confines of the campus by recruiting members of the University's publics to use the facilities of the University Center's conference area.
- Use resources efficiently and to constantly plan, evaluate, and modify to meet the changing needs of those served, recognizing that an ability to deliver effective and quality programs and services depends on our financial stability.